We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the
parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Fees will be charged for support persons though a 20% discount from the regular rate applicable will be given for the support person's trip to Upper Goose Lake Camp, Inc. o/a Bull Moose Camp.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities involving fishing vacations at our Upper Goose Lake location during our normal operating season from late May through August each season, Bull Moose Camp will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated
length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
Training for staff
Upper Goose Lake Camp, Inc. o/a Bull Moose Camp will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf. Individuals in the following positions will be trained: Seasonal staff This training will be provided to staff within 14 days of starting work on site and their training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of
- the customer service standard
- Upper Goose Lake Camp, Inc. o/a Bull Moose Camp's plan related to the customer service
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the
- assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Upper Goose Lake Camp,
- Inc. o/a Bull Moose Camp's goods and services.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Upper Goose Lake Camp, Inc. o/a Bull Moose Camp provides goods and services to people with disabilities can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
at any time or write to PO Box 1009 Red Lake, Ontario P0V 2M0.
All feedback will be directed to Tom and / or Shara Metzner who are the owners of Upper Goose Lake Camp, Inc. o/a Bull Moose Camp. Customers can expect to hear back in 30 days or less. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization's regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Upper Goose Lake Camp, Inc. o/a Bull Moose Camp that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.